Drum roll… The Big Smoke is now available for you to read and enjoy!!
- purchase a paperback from my buy page (Australia and New Zealand) or Amazon (rest of the world)
- purchase an e-book from Smashwords (preferred digital supplier), Amazon, iBooks, Kobo, Diesel and other e-stores.
Yesterday, I had my first-ever, real-life book launch, and it was such a wonderful day. More than 60 people came along to buy a copy (or collect their pre-ordered copy) of The Big Smoke and celebrate the release of my novel into the world.
My mum introduced me, and we had some readings from the novel – I read parts from my main female character Ceara’s perspective and my husband, Mark, read parts from my main male character Seb’s perspective. That led into a Question and Answer session, and, to my surprise and delight, there were stacks of questions from the audience, including a question from six-year-old Ella, one of the event’s youngest attendees!
You can see more of the photos from the book launch on my Facebook author page. Video of the Question and Answer session will be coming soon!
The year I Turned 18 Blogfest!
Today also marks the starts of my blogfest, The year I turned 18!
Seeing as both Ceara and Seb (the two main characters) turn 18 throughout The Big Smoke, I thought it might be fun for us all to post about the year we turned 18. Your post can be about anything from that year – something momentous that happened, what your hopes and dreams were at that time, diary entries, anything that comes to mind. If you could include photos of you at 18, that would be doubly awesome! And if you haven’t turned 18 yet, you might like to post about what you hope will be happening for you in the year you turn eighteen.
What are the finer details?
- The blogfest will run from 12:01am (AEST) Monday 29 October to 11.59pm Friday 2 November (EST). (Yes, the start and finish time zones are different. I’ve gone with an early one for the start and a later one for the end. Hopefully nobody will be caught out that way.)
- Post your entry on your blog and then add a direct link to your post using the linky tool below before the finish time.
- Enter the competition to win a $20 Amazon voucher by entering your blog link into the rafflecopter below.
- All entries will receive a coupon to download an e-copy of The Big Smoke from Smashwords for 99 cents (down from $2.99).
- To be eligible for the prize and coupon, please include a copy of the blogfest badge (above. To download, right click and select ‘Save image’) and The Big Smoke cover and blurb (below) in your post.
- Once you’ve posted your link, you will be able to earn extra points in the rafflecopter by tweeting about the blogfest (which you can do daily – feel free!), following me on Twitter, liking my Facebook author page and adding The Big Smoketo your Goodreads to-read list
- Come back on Monday 5 November to see if you’ve won the $20 voucher!
Anything else I should do?
Glad you asked. These aren’t mandatory, but they’d definitely be appreciated.
- Throughout the blogfest, check out as many other entries as you can and give the participants some comment love!
- Include the badge in your sidebar for the duration of the blogfest.
Can’t wait to read all of your blogfest entries! My own entry will be posted in the next couple of days. 😀
The Big Smoke blurb and cover
Ceara’s desperate for love; Seb’s desperate to get laid. Ceara adores reading novels; Seb hasn’t finished a book in years. Two strangers, both moving from small country towns to Brisbane – the big smoke. As they prepare to attend the same university, their paths seem set to collide, but they keep missing each other. Maybe fate is keeping them apart, or maybe it’s just chance.
When the semester starts, things get complicated. Ceara’s best friend withdraws from her, Seb’s closest mate turns into a sleazebag, and the relentless demands of university make their stress levels soar. Before their first semester is over, both Seb and Ceara will be forced to question who they are and what they want from their lives. Will they have the courage to find the answers, or will they crumble under the pressure? And when they finally meet, will it be love at first sight or a collision of headstrong personalities?
Once you’ve written your blogfest post, add it to the Linky List!
To enter the competition, fill in the Rafflecopter!