As my regular readers know, I’ve been toying with the idea of running a competition where people who review The Big Smoke go into a draw to win a $5o book voucher. Well, I recently received an email response from Goodreads saying they were happy for me to run the competition, so I figured what the heck?! Let’s do this! Competition details are below and on the dedicated competition page.
If there’s anything that doesn’t make sense or that puts up a red flag for you in the info below, please let me know. I’ll also draw your attention to the fact that people who have already posted reviews about The Big Smoke on Goodreads are eligible to enter – that some of you guys, so don’t miss out! 🙂
Without further ado, here’s the info!
Would you like to go into the draw to win a $50 book voucher? Of course you would!
How do I enter?
There will be a simple question about the novel as part of the registration process to ensure all entrants have actually read the book.
You can earn bonus points for telling people about the competition via Facebook, Twitter or your blog and/or by posting your review in other places such as Amazon or Smashwords.
Sounds great! What else do I need to know?
- Reviews must be posted on Goodreads.
- Reviews do NOT have to be positive. Any considered review of 100 words or more is eligible to win, provided it doesn’t contravene Goodreads’ review guidelines.
- The winner can choose which book seller they would like to receive their $50 gift voucher from (as long as I can buy it from Australia).
- The competition will close on Monday 11 March 2013. If less than 50 reviews are received before the closing date, the competition will be cancelled.
- The winner will be contacted via email.
- People who have already posted reviews on Goodreads are eligible to enter into the competition.
- Goodreads has given permission for me to run this competition.
- Relatives of the author are not permitted to enter (sorry, Mum).
- The Big Smoke is available to buy in e-copy from Amazon, Smashwords, iBooks, Kobo, Diesel Books, and hard copy from this blog (Australia and New Zealand) and Amazon.
If you have any questions about the competition, please comment below or contact me.