The Power of Tension Blogfest is on!
What’s it about?
We all know that in fiction, tension is vital. Tension ramps up the emotional stakes for your characters and keeps readers burning through the pages to find out whether that tension is resolved. Tension comes in many forms – it could be animosity between family members built up over many years, sexual tension between strangers, or jealousy between work colleagues as they vie for a lucrative promotion.
We want to see how tense your fiction can be. Give us an excerpt (up to 300 words) from your manuscript or recently completed work (or just a random scene) that drips with tension and will tie us in knots wanting to know more. It doesn’t matter what the piece is about, as long as it screams tension.
What are the prizes?
- 1st prize: $15 Amazon voucher + interview on Cally Jackson Writes and Rachel Morgan Writes OR 1st chapter beta read by Cally and Rachel
- 2nd prize: $10 Amazon voucher + interview on Cally Jackson Writes and Rachel Morgan Writes OR 1st chapter beta read by Cally and Rachel
- 3rd prize: $5 Amazon voucher
I’m in! What are the rules?
- The blogfest will run on Cally Jackson Writes and Rachel Morgan Writes from now (Monday 23 May) to Friday 27 May. Post your entry on your blog and then add a direct link to your post to the linky tool on this page before 11.59pm Friday 27 May AEST.
- Come back on Thursday 2 June to see the six finalists (chosen by us), and then again on Monday 6 June to see the winners!
- All genres and forms of tension are welcome, but if your entry includes anything graphic, please include a warning at the beginning of your post.
Anything else I should do?
Glad you asked. These aren’t mandatory, but they’d definitely be appreciated:
- Include our badge in your sidebar during the duration of the blogfest. Download PNG file or JPG file.
- Post and/or tweet about the challenge as much as you can.
- Throughout the challenge, check out as many other entries as you can and give the entrants some comment love!
Can’t wait to read your entries!