Given that today is Mother’s Day in Australia, it seemed timely to give my Mummy-Bear a big public THANK YOU for all the wonderful things she’s done for me.
So Mum, I’d like to say thank you for:
- fostering my love of books by reading to me as a child and giving me your copies of The Famous Five and The Secret Seven
- being outraged at my year two teacher when she told me off for writing my own story instead of copying one from a book (for a handwriting exercise)
- dressing up as Mrs Twit to accompany me as Mr Twit for Book Week in year four-ish
- telling me I had bolognaise on my face so I could wipe it off and not embarrass myself in front of my new boyfriend (this may have happened 12 years ago, but I still remember!)
- loving the first draft of my first-ever book and eagerly anticipating the (long-awaited) re-write
- being the first person to subscribe to and comment on my blog (even if it did embarrass me a little!)
- telling me how proud you are of me almost every time I see you
- always being there for me, especially during the hard times (particularly last year. You know what I’m talking about.)
- just being you!
What about you? What would you like to thank your mum for?