A lie revealed
On Wednesday, I posted my response to the first crusader challenge, which had to include one secret, one lie, one interesting quirk, one annoying habit, one of my best character traits, and one of my favourite things in the whole world.
- Secret: I have a touch of OCD (not much of a secret for those who know me well!)
- Interesting quirk: when I’m writing, I can only listen to music where the singer is the same gender as my narrator
- Annoying habit: matching the colour of the clothes with the colour of the pegs when I’m hanging out the washing
- Best character traits: always being there for my friends
- One of my favourite things: I included three: my husband Mark, my dog Lucy, and writing
- Not one of my favourite things: doing the washing.
- The lie: I’m not allergic to green ants.
Congratulations Jolene, Laura, Regina, projectfraeya, Eileen, Joy and Amanda. You all guessed correctly. I had a number of other interesting guesses and comments though, including many who’d never heard of green ants. Unfortunately, they are real (see Wikipedia for more info) and we do have loads of them in our back yard. I’m just not allergic to them, thank goodness.
Very interestingly, Mark (my beloved husband) wasn’t sure what the lie was. When I told him it was the green ant allergy, he said that he’d assumed so, but suspected I might have thought I was allergic, since I’m such a baby when it comes to being bitten. Gee, thanks, hon! I’ll remember that next time a green ant munches on your big toe. 😉
Stylish blogger award
Now that I’ve received this award, I must pass it on to 15 stylish bloggers I’ve recently discovered. (Don’t think I’m not grateful, but does this seem like the blogging equivalent of a chain letter to anyone else?)
The other condition of this award is that I must reveal seven things about myself. Luckily for me, I’ve already revealed five things above! So, two more. Hmm. Better make them interesting. Here goes:
- When I was 19, I was involved in a head-on collision with a drunk driver. I had to be cut from the vehicle and broke my jaw, both ankles and my foot (don’t worry, I recovered 100%.)
- While on my honeymoon (aged 20) in Thailand, I was bitten by a monkey. I’m still waiting for the rabies to kick in….
And now, to pass on the honour of being deemed a stylish blogger. My awards go to:
For being one of the best networking enablers I’ve ever ‘met’:
- Rachael Harrie of Rach Writes
For challenging me with her thought-provoking posts:
For giving me valuable tips about how best to enter the blogosphere:
For entertaining me with a topic I’d never normally read about:
- Eileen of Touch Wood Design
And for never failing to capture my interest with their blog posts:
- Aimee L Salter of Seeking the Write Life
- Shari Bird of Think Dream Inspire
- Sarah Ketley of The Precocious Scribe
- Rebecca Enzor of Sticky Note Stories
- Brian H of The Chalkboard Dad
- Louise Wise of Wise Words
- Gina Blechman of Kaleidoscope Thoughts: Life, Love, and Dystopia
- Bess Weatherby of It’s the world, dear
- The Golden Eagle of The Eagle’s Aerial Perspective
- Cleveland Dietz II of Everything in a Second
- Rachel Morgan of Rachel Morgan Writes
Check them out – they’re uber stylish. 😉